Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. The main aim of the Institute is to provide training, research and consultancy activities in Small and Micro Enterprises (SME),with special focus on entrepreneurship development. The Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) registered under the Societies Registration Act,1860 was established in the year 1993 in Guwahati by the erstwhile Ministry of Industry (now the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises), Government of India. The Institute began operating from April 1994 with the North East Council (NEC), Governments of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland and SIDBI as its other stakeholders.
IIE has been transferred to the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship on 22nd May’2015.
The headquarter of IIE is at Lalmati, Basistha Chariali, 37 NH bypass,Guwahati-781029.
1. To promote and develop entrepreneurship.
2. To conduct research and provide consultancy for entrepreneurship development.
3. To coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in undertaking training, research and other activities to increase outreach of the institute.
4. To provide consultancy and monitoring service to MSMEs/ potential entrepreneurs and enhancing employability of participants.
5. To promote greater use of information technology in the activities/ functions of the IIE.
6. To comply with statutory responsibility.
1. Designing and organising training activities for different target group and undertaking research in the relevant to entrepreneurship.
2. Improving the efficiency, effectiveness and delivery of the change agents and development practitioners i.e. trainers, support organizations engaged in enterprise building. etc.
3. Provide consultancy service to the prospective and existing entrepreneurs.
4. Increasing the outreach of activities of the institute through collaborative activities and increasing their effectiveness through use of different tools of information technology.