NER Entrepreneurship & Startup Summit (NERES 1.0)
IIE is organizing the 1st NER Entrepreneurs’ Summit “NERES 1.0” in March 2020 under the sponsorship of NEC. NERES 1.0 is aimed at stirring up entrepreneurial minds across the NER states and promote start-up entrepreneurs by offering them with a platform to pitch their business ideas and also addressing various challenges faced by the start-ups. The run up to the final summit in March 2020 .
includes different preliminary activities such as:
- Outreach Programmes in the 8 states to generate awareness & call for applications to pitch
- State wise pitching of ideas followed by screening and scouting of 50 best ideas
- A boot camp at IIE for the 50 ideas
- Final pitching at IIE of the 50 ideas and selecting top 20 as winners
All the above activities will culminate into the mega 2-day summit “NERES 1.0” at IIE in March 2020 where the 20 winners will be granted a reward of Rs. 5 lacs each.
In this regard, the first Awareness Workshop of NERES 1.0 was organized on 3rd January 2020 at IIE with the following objectives:
- To motivate aspiring entrepreneurs towards entrepreneurship,
- To share business opportunities/ideas in different sectors,
- To aware aspiring start-ups/start-up entrepreneurs about the summit,
- To share information about the application process, selection and judging criteria etc
- To address any doubts/queries regarding NERES 1.0